Young at Heart
Joining Young at Heart, if you are age 55 or older, is an enriching, educational and pro-active experience that is right for you. Each month you are welcome to join with us at First Friday Mass and breakfast and also at a fun-filled luncheon or occasional off campus event.
- The First Friday breakfasts (each month), are engaging and allow an opportunity to chat with others, to eat home-cooked food, and to experience a true sharing experience.
- The luncheons, on the third Wednesday of each month (September to June), are casual and engaging. They are potluck style and include delicious desserts. You will experience senior togetherness in an easy friendly atmosphere. The luncheons also include programs with guest speakers, or group activities, or special holiday treats.
- Off campus the events are designed for your enjoyment, can include excursions, attendance at entertainment venues, are affordable with lots of variety during the year.
What benefit in belonging to Young at Heart is there for me?
Associating with fellow seniors within the church, and sharing common values.
What is the cost and the event time commitment?
Costs? None. There are no dues, fees or appeals. The time? The Mass and breakfast on First Friday starts in the Chapel at 9 am with breakfast following in the Ministry Center, a two-hour average time for both. The luncheons start at 12 Noon and last ‘till approximately 2:30 pm.
Joining Young at Heart demands a lot of my time, right?
Wrong. Only as much as you personally want to give, to be involved, to take part.
44 Young-At-Heart members at annual Columbus Clippers Baseball Game and lunch on
June 8. Good weather, fun event even tho’ Clippers lost!
- JULY 7, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Fr. Jim will be celebrant for Mass and give birthday blessings for July. Breakfast after Mass at the Ministry Center. EVERYONE, except those celebrating birthdays this month, please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite breakfast to share.
- AUGUST 2, Phil Dirt & The Dozers at Villa Milano, lunch and show. Ticket deadline: July 13. Sign up at office in Ministry Center.
- AUGUST 4, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Fr. Jim will be celebrant for Mass and give birthday blessings for August. Breakfast after Mass at the Ministry Center. EVERYONE, except those celebrating birthdays this month, please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite breakfast to share.
- AUGUST 16, YOUNG-AT-HEART PICNIC. Heritage Park, Westerville. Be there starting at 10:30 am, Mass at 11:00 am, fun, food, games afterwards. Bring a picnic food dish to share. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1.
- AUGUST 28, Executive Committee Meeting. 1:00 pm, Rm. 103, Ministry Center.