Young at Heart Seniors Ministry
Joining Young at Heart, if you are age 55 or older, is an enriching, educational and pro-active experience that is right for you. Each month you are welcome to join with us at First Friday Mass and breakfast, also at a fun-filled luncheon or at an occasional off-campus event.
- After Mass, the First Friday breakfasts (each month), provide an opportunity to chat with others, to eat home-cooked potluck food, and to experience a true sharing experience.
- The luncheons, on the third Wednesday of each month (September through May), are casual and engaging. They are potluck style and always include delicious food and desserts. Joining with us you will experience senior togetherness in an easy friendly atmosphere. The luncheons programs also feature guest speakers, activities, or special holiday treats.
- Group outing events are designed for your enjoyment and can include excursions, day-long events, or attendance at a variety of entertainment venues.
What benefit in belonging to Young at Heart is there for me?
Associating with fellow seniors, sharing common social, community, religious experiences and values.
What is the cost and the time commitment?
Costs? None. There are no dues, fees or formal appeals. The time? The Mass and breakfast on First Friday starts in the Chapel at 9 am with a free potluck breakfast available following in the Ministry Center. The luncheons, also free of charge, start at Noon and last ‘till approximately 2:15 pm.
Joining Young at Heart demands a lot of my time, right?
No. Only as much as you personally want to give, to be involved in and wish to take part.
Is Young at Heart an activity that runs all year?
Each month all year First Friday Masses and breakfasts are available. Monthly luncheons are held from September through May. Other activities including local or area tours and day-long trips; some occasional events also take place during the summer months.
Tom Kolda, General Chair
George Schneider, Assistant General Chair
Frank Barone, Chair, Travel/Transport
Toni Carozza, Chair, Membership/Hospitality
Marie Ditillio, Emeritus Chair
Barb Flanagan, Chair, Luncheon Programs
Suanne Gettings, Chair, Finance, Pastoral Liaison
Renee Ihle, Chair, Decorations
Mary Immer, Chair, Prayerful Greetings, Resources
Gail Kolda, Administrative Assistant
John Lesosky, Culinary Coordinator
Dale Maxwell, Chair, Breakfast Programs, Sports Venues
Martha Smith, Young At Heart Welcome
Deacon John DuPrey, Young At Heart Chaplain
You won't want to miss these events!
- APRIL 17, WEDNESDAY, LUNCHEON, 12:00 Noon. MINISTRY CENTER. Program: THE ANNUAL KENTUCKY DERBY/HAT CONTEST. Last names with the following letters please bring 8-10 Derby dishes to serve/share: Bread or Dessert E-K; Vegetables L-P; Casseroles Q-Z; and, Salads A-D. Raffle following. $1 each ticket.
- APRIL 29, MONDAY, EXEC. COMMITTEE meeting. 1 PM. Ministry Center. Rm. 103.
- MAY 3, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Mass and birthday blessings for May. Hot Breakfast at WESLEY WOODS (provided by us). Sign up NOW at Ministry Center to drive on your own and be with us for a free breakfast after Mass.
- MAY 20, MONDAY, EXEC. COMMITTEE MEETING. 1 PM. Ministry Center. Rm. 103.
- MAY 22, WEDNESDAY, LUNCHEON, 12:00 Noon, MINISTRY CENTER. PROGRAM: COLUMBUS SWING DANCE CLUB Performing dances from the swing era - 30s, 40s, and on. YAH provides the chicken. Last names with the following letters please bring 8-10 dishes to serve/share: Breads L-P; Desserts A-D; Vegetables E-K; and, Salads Q-Z. Raffle following. $1 each ticket.
- JUNE 7, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Mass and birthday blessings for June. Breakfast after at the Ministry Center. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite breakfast to share.
- JUNE 20, THURSDAY. SENIORS BASEBALL GAME. Huntington Park. Columbus Clippers vs Rochester Red Wings. $5 per person for bus, game ticket and box lunch at ballpark. Bus from Ministry Center, game starts at 12:05 pm. Return at approx. 4 pm. Sign up, pay, at parish office by May 17.