Young at Heart Seniors Ministry
Joining Young at Heart, if you are age 55 or older, is an enriching, educational and pro-active experience that is right for you. Each month you are welcome to join with us at First Friday Mass and breakfast, also at a fun-filled luncheon or at an occasional off-campus event.
- After Mass, the First Friday breakfasts (each month), provide an opportunity to chat with others, to eat home-cooked potluck food, and to experience a true sharing experience.
- The luncheons, on the third Wednesday of each month (September through May), are casual and engaging. They are potluck style and always include delicious food and desserts. Joining with us you will experience senior togetherness in an easy friendly atmosphere. The luncheons programs also feature guest speakers, activities, or special holiday treats.
- Group outing events are designed for your enjoyment and can include excursions, day-long events, or attendance at a variety of entertainment venues.
What benefit in belonging to Young at Heart is there for me?
Associating with fellow seniors, sharing common social, community, religious experiences and values.
What is the cost and the time commitment?
Costs? None. There are no dues, fees or formal appeals. The time? The Mass and breakfast on First Friday starts in the Chapel at 9 am with a free potluck breakfast available following in the Ministry Center. The luncheons, also free of charge, start at Noon and last ‘till approximately 2:15 pm.
Joining Young at Heart demands a lot of my time, right?
No. Only as much as you personally want to give, to be involved in and wish to take part.
Is Young at Heart an activity that runs all year?
Each month all year First Friday Masses and breakfasts are available. Monthly luncheons are held from September through May. Other activities including local or area tours and day-long trips; some occasional events also take place during the summer months.
Tom Kolda General Chair George Schneider Assistant General Chair Frank Barone Chair, Travel/Transport Toni Carozza Chair, Membership/Hospitality Marie Ditillio Emeritus Chair Barb Flanagan Chair, Luncheon Programs Suanne Gettings Chair, Finance, Pastoral Liaison Renee Ihle Chair, Decorations Mary Immer Chair, Prayerful Greetings, Resources Gail Kolda Administrative Assistant Dale Maxwell Chair, Breakfast Programs, Sports Venues
- APRIL 30, MONDAY. 1 PM. Exec. Comm. Meeting. Rm.103. Ministry Center.
- MAY 4, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Mass and birthday blessings for May. BIRTHDAY following at Ministry Center. Short program by our Deacon, John DuPrey: DISCUSSION OF GRIEF & LOSS. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite summer breakfast to share.
- MAY 17, THURSDAY, COLUMBUS TOUR, SCHMIDT’S LUNCHEON. Bus pickup 8:30 AM, Ministry Center. Return 2:00 PM. Please note: Park car in lot by retention pond since New Albany School AP testing occupies Center.
- MAY 21, MONDAY. 1 PM. Exec. Comm. Meeting. Rm. 103, Ministry Center.
- MAY 23, WEDNESDAY, LUNCHEON, 12:00 Noon. MINISTRY CENTER. Program: AUTHOR, SPEAKER, RADIO HOST, ELIZABETH FICOCELLI. Lourdes: Hope for a Hurting World. Last names beginning with the following letters please bring 8-10 dishes to serve/share: Bread or Desserts A-D; Vegetables E-K; Casseroles L-P; and, Salads Q-Z. Please note: Date change. Also, this year we are moving the annual free luncheon to the August Picnic.
- JUNE 1, FIRST FRIDAY, MASS and June Birthday Blessings at OLR CHAPEL, 9 AM, BREAKFAST, Ministry Center, following. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite summer breakfast to share.
- JULY 6, FIRST FRIDAY, MASS and July Birthday Blessings at OLR CHAPEL, 9 AM, BREAKFAST, Ministry Center, following. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite middle-summer breakfast to share.
- AUGUST 3, FIRST FRIDAY, MASS and August Birthday Blessings at OLR CHAPEL, 9AM. BREAKFAST off-site at location TBA.
- AUGUST 22, 2nd ANNUAL YOUNG AT HEART PICNIC. Come join the food, festivities, fun, at our traditional picnic. EVERYTHING, including hot dogs, brats, buns, condiments, pasta salad, baked beans, fruit bowl, home-baked cookies, utensils, plates, cups, iced tea and lemonade provided by YOUNG AT HEART! Chris Bare will again entertain. Held again at HERITAGE PARK, WESTERVILLE. Attendance sign-ups start this summer. You will be notified.