Young at Heart Seniors Ministry
Joining Young at Heart, if you are age 55 or older, is an enriching, educational and pro-active experience that is right for you. Each month you are welcome to join with us at First Friday Mass and breakfast, also at a fun-filled luncheon or at an occasional off-campus event.
- After Mass, the First Friday breakfasts (each month), provide an opportunity to chat with others, to eat home-cooked potluck food, and to experience a true sharing experience.
- The luncheons, on the third Wednesday of each month (September through May), are casual and engaging. They are potluck style and always include delicious food and desserts. Joining with us you will experience senior togetherness in an easy friendly atmosphere. The luncheons programs also feature guest speakers, activities, or special holiday treats.
- Group outing events are designed for your enjoyment and can include excursions, day-long events, or attendance at a variety of entertainment venues.
“A meaningful, fun, senior’s ministry. No dues! Breakfast, luncheons, picnics, trips, and other events all year! Consider joining us by contacting the church office at 614-855-1400
Due to COVID-19 all activities are suspended until further notice, except for two others:
- The Rosary, prayed together on Thursdays at 11 am on ZOOM; and,
- An opportunity to enjoy a meal while watching a movie on ZOOM, The Chosen, every Monday at 5 pm starting June 29 thru August 17.
You will receive a weekly reminder for the Rosary and film and a Zoom link for each on your computer/mobile phone via email or phone, if you do not have email.”
What benefit in belonging to Young at Heart is there for me?
Associating with fellow seniors, sharing common social, community, religious experiences and values.
What is the cost and the time commitment?
Costs? None. There are no dues, fees or formal appeals. The time? The Mass and breakfast on First Friday starts in the Chapel at 9 am with a free potluck breakfast available following in the Ministry Center. The luncheons, also free of charge, start at Noon and last ‘till approximately 2:15 pm.
Joining Young at Heart demands a lot of my time, right?
No. Only as much as you personally want to give, to be involved in and wish to take part.
Is Young at Heart an activity that runs all year?
Each month all year First Friday Masses and breakfasts are available. Monthly luncheons are held from September through May. Other activities including local or area tours and day-long trips; some occasional events also take place during the summer months.
MEMBERS OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Carozza, Toni, Chair, Membership, Hospitality
Collins, Jeffrey, Chair, Travel
Collins, Mary, Co-Chair, Travel
Flanagan, Barb – Chair, Luncheons Programs
Gettings, Suanne – Chair, Finance, Pastoral Liaison
Ihle, Renee – Chair, Decorations
Immer, Mary – Chair, Prayerful Greetings. Resources
Kolda, Gail – Administrative Assistant
Kolda, Tom – General Chair
Lesosky, John – Culinary Coordinator
Maxwell, Dale – Chair, Sports, Breakfast Programs
Schneider, George – Assistant General Chair
Smith, Martha – Young At Heart Welcome